Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Outfits we'd like to see

  1. #1
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Cool

    I thought this could be fun. I would like to see a school uniform for AGOTs for those of us who went to private school [img]wink.gif[/img] I'd also like to see sunday dresses for Molly and Kit. A settlement house dress for Nellie. A first communion outfit for Josefina. A dancing dress for Samantha. A teaching school uniform for Addy. Felicity's brown silk dress. That's all for now. Everybody put your two cents in!!!!!

  2. #2
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    I think most of us would like to see a folkorico dress for Marisol.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member vgdag94's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2005
    Posts
    374
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmmmm....a jump roping outfit for Addy would be cool.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Princess_Lyndsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I, too, would like to see Felicity's brown silk gown.

    Lyndsi [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think some of those outfits would be hard for them to make without seeming as though they were uhm backing a specific religion, they would have to have a bit more of a description saying how it was overwhelmingly popular for people in Josefina's region and time to be Catholic, and not just let it look like they're assuming it was the only religion then. Surely, they would/could do that, they're pretty smart when it comes to that, and a lot of the girls have at least some mention of their religion in the books, so it could be a good way of showing how some religions have changed (or not, really) over the years.

    Do you have a specific color combination that you would like to see for the school uniform? I think that would be really cute, but, there's soooo many different schools with different colors! How would they pick which to use??? lol! They could make a few different ones, a red and blue, green and white, some other popular ones. I never went to a school where we had to wear uniforms (although I, personally, would have loved it!), but I would deffinitly buy a modern school uniform!!

    And I would *love* to see Felicity's brown dress, and a skipping rope outfit for Addy sounds really cute, what would that look like?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Smile

    I figured since the girls have "Christmas" books, it becomes fairly obvious that they're Christian. I know it's an assumption, but I feel like it's a safe one. I think you could actually make a mix and match school uniform. It could come with a plaid skirt (the most common being a dark blue) a white button-down shirt, saddle shoes, knee socks, a sweater, a blazer and a tie. Most schools have some combination of those. Heck, they could add a jumper and make it a big enough outfit for two dolls at once.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member schallerwoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2004
    Posts
    193
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just a variation to add. Not all schools that require uniforms are religious. Also, not all school uniforms are plaid. In my area there are several "academy" schools that are secular.

    They have uniforms consisting of kakhi skirts/pants, white oxford shirts, navy knee socks and dark shoes. I also see them wearing navy sweater vests and cardigans in the winter months. Perhaps AG could adopt that kind of uniform for the AGOT line.

    Great thread.

    Nann

  8. #8
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    In my area, most secular private schools (including the one I went to) didn't have uniforms, just ridiculously strict dress codes that most uniforms wouldn't actually have conformed to. Plus, my religion comment was about the Sunday dresses I had thought of for Kit and Molly. Anyway, I just pick the plaid over the khaki because I always hated the khaki versions of our uniforms. In fact, I never even bought that version. ( I went to Catholic school as well as secular).

  9. #9
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd love it if AG made another Hippie Halloween Costume.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What a great topic! I'd love to see Kit's orange and white dress made by AG. I know some people have made it, but I'd like AG to put it out. Molly's lavender dress from Meet Molly is a great choice, too. I love those swingy dresses on Molly. And, yes, she needs a Sunday School dress!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •